Thursday 26 November 2009

Timelapse photos




I haven't blogged for a while. Been either busy or ill.
Above are two photographs from two different series that I am going to be using.
Photograph #1
ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 0.6
Aperture: f/14.0
The first photograph has been taken from the first batch. My first attempt was the generic long exposure shot that many people have done. I felt the need to do this just as a starting point. Before getting a successful shot, I had to experiement and test different shutter speeds, ISO and aperture.
Photograph #2
ISO: 3200
Shutter Speed: 1/40
Aperture: f/5.6
I prefer the second shot. In recent years I have grown to love out of focus photographs. I never understood them before, As I was going to be working with a subject area that has been explored many times, I decided to also take some out of focus shots. I wanted to make the most of the location while I was there as I probably wasn't going to find any more time to re-shoot if I needed to. I am definately going to use the out of shot photographs.
I plan to use about five or six in a short sequence. It will appear quickly somewhere in the middle of my music video. I am also eager to play the sequence backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment