Wednesday 9 September 2009

Modern music

I was born in the wrong generation and I don't really like much modern music. I'm really stuck as to what song I should use for my music video.
I'm also worrying about the image I am going to protect through my music video.
For now, here is some of the modern music I do like:



The Birthday Massacre - a band I stumbled across in 2006 (my gothy stage obviously) via socialnetworking. This was the first song I heard by them: Blue. I really liked their sound. I had honestly never heard anything like it. I grew up listening to the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Elvis Costello. No-one I knew had e
ver heard of them, I loved it. I had always listened to my father's music and for the first time in my life I felt like I had my own sense of individuality as everyone thought I was crazy for liking them! It sounds really cheesy, but this is the reason I still listen to them.

I fell in love with frontwoman Chibi, when I went to see them at Islington in 2007. Their image can certainly be stereotyped I guess. I want to create an image that challenges stereotypes, something different. I don't quite know how I'm going to d
o this.












The videos they produce are quite different, this is what I like about them.

They
are an amazing band, in 2002, they independently released a limited edition CD entitled Nothing and Nowhere. In July, 2004, they released a nin song EP entitled Violet and at the end of the year, re-released Nothing and Nowhere with new sleeve artwork. In the fall of 2004, the band was signed to Repo Records in Germany, and released a remastered version of Violet in Europe.

In 2005 the band signed to Metropolis Records and released Violet in the U.S.A., Canada, the UK and most of South America. In August, the band began a series of international tours taking them to Switzerland, Germany, the Netherlands, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Belgium.

Also in August, a DVD consisting of a video for the song Blue was released. (Which I have) It also includes behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, a studio performance of Nevermind as well as live performances of Violet and Video Kid. The centerpiece of the DVD was of course the Dan Ouellette- directed video for Blue.


In June 2007, the band began working on a new record with Canadian producer/engineer Dave "Rave" Ogilvie. The demo version of the song Kill the Lights (Walking with Strangers) was released on Vampire Freaks (http://vampirefreaks.com/u/thebirthdaymassacre) and MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/thebirthdaymassacre) in January 2007. Looking Glass (another single from the same album) was released on the social networking sites in August.

purple defines them


No comments:

Post a Comment